Thursday 4 November 2010

Nuke-lear Launch Detected

Don't worry... it's not an actual nuke - well, not the explosive kind anyway...

Today I started using Nuke, an industry-standard node-based compositing package created by The Foundry. I already have some working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and I am familair with node-based working (thanks to Autodesk Maya), so I decided that being able to use Nuke for simple tasks would be helpful.

I started my learning alongside Digital Tutor's 'Getting started with Nuke' training materials (more information here). Now I know what you may be thinking... did I pay to access this? Thankfully not - DJCAD has kindly provided access to all of the Digital Tutors material, for the duration of my MSc programme.

I am around half-way through this introduction course, and so far the material has been clear, easy to follow and has explained all of the concepts thoroughly - making learning easy. Although I probably won't upload any examples of work, I have been working with some simple resources (provided by Digital Tutors).

Althought I may not use Nuke in my own programme of study, it's certainly handy to have a basic working knowledge, as there is a high likelihood that I will be in contact with those who use it regularly. Especially now, since we are being 'let loose' on the green screen facilities tomorrow morning...

No comments: