Friday 8 October 2010

Background 4 : Theseus And The Minotaur

This series of posts will show some of the examples I used as part of my Background & Aspirations presentation.

In this fourth post, I have chosen to showcase my final year Honours project - a short trailer for a fictional film called 'Theseus And The Minotaur'. I opted to create a trailer, so that I could focus on telling a story in a shorter space of time (and miss out all the boring bits).

This was an individual project, and I was responsible for all stages of production, which meant there were many long days and sleepless nights! Autodesk Maya was used for all 3D aspects, with Adobe Photoshop being used for image manipulation. Renders were taken into Adobe After Effects for editing, compositing, and adding audio. The final output was at a resolution of 1280x720.

Throughout this project, I experimented with Maya's built-in 'Toon Shader' feature, and also made use of the 'nCloth' dynamics system (used for the character's clothing, and ship's sails).

No comments: