Monday 6 June 2011

Getting Particular

Between semesters, I decided to briefly sidestep my main programme of study, and play around with After Effects, using Video Co-Pilot as inspiration.

My aim was to take a break from all the technical development I had been working on - avoid scripting - and get back to visual development, so that I could continue down this route when returning to my programme of study at the start of semester 3.

Using an After Effects plug-in, called Particular (by Trapcode - more information here) I set out to create interesting particle-based sequences. To help in this process, I followed through a couple of video tutorials, and then adapted and experimented further to get something really nice looking.

At the moment, I am not sure if these techniques are something I will use moving forwards, but I am still exploring different options, especially when considering how I will present my work at the Masters Show later this year!

Below are two videos which show some of the experimentation that took place;


No comments: