Sunday 3 July 2011

Stereoscopic Update

Following on from my early tests of creating stereoscopic content out of Maya (here), I have completed rendering and compositing of my full cell visualisation sequence.


The process of working with a sequence instead of a single frame was not hugely different, and I feel confident that I could apply an anaglyph effect to a scene in the future. Currently, as it is anaglyph, I have been working in grayscale, but moving into colour is something I would like to achieve.

I am planning on meeting with my project supervisor and programme leader, to discuss the possibility of showing stereoscopic material during the Masters show in August. I am not sure if this will be a viable solution,  but it is worth looking into...

1 comment:

Mark said...

Looking good, however I don't think the 3D is as good as it could be. It might just be because it's quite dark, but apart from one bit at the top-right I wasn't really getting much of a sense of the shape of this thing. Or it might be something to do with the way it's lit/rendered... is that a ramp shader?

Look forward to seeing more!

M